Bookings - Fees
LGFC is available as a base for Field Studies, Outdoor and Social activities. We can accommodate any number up to 40 people in 5 dormitories of 4, 4, 8, 10 and 14 bunks, as described on the About-Premises page.
Smaller groups and individuals are also welcome on the proviso that they are prepared to share facilities.
A group of 26 or more may request 'exclusive use', i.e. we would not book anyone else in alongside you (including campers), although individual Association members retain a right to accommodation, subject to child protection issues. Please don't be put off by this - we can be very flexible!
The Wolfson Room (if available) may be booked by non-residents.
There is no extra charge for Centre users, but you are advised to arrange this when booking.
As described in these additional notes, you can now opt for the Warden's cleaning service.
|Current bednight fees (per person, per night)
all fees are displayed in GBP, i.e. UK pounds sterling
|1st April 2016 to 31st March 2017||1st April 2017 to 31st March 2018 *most prices held*|
|Non member . . . . . . (aged 18+)||£15.50||still £15.50|
|Non member child . . (aged 5 - 17)||£11.50||still £11.50|
|Student in full-time education
(evidence may be requested)
|Association member||£12.50||still £12.50|
|Members' child . . . (aged 5 - 17)||£6.00||still £6.00|
|Any child under 5 years old||no charge||no charge|
|Camping (with limited access to the Centre)||still £5.00||£10.00 per tent
(up to 4 berth)
+ £2.00 per person
|Also available (per person, per day)|
|Day use of the Wolfson Room
(includes use of the Centre kitchen and toilets)
|Optional cleaning service after you've gone
(e.g. if you need to get away early)
- Provisional bookings may be made by email or telephone and will be held for 2 weeks. On receipt of a booking form and deposit, we will issue a receipt, invoice for the balance and further details as confirmation.
- To confirm a booking, we will require a deposit of 20% (20 per cent) of your prospective total fee.
- The tariff due will be according to the rates applicable during the time of stay at the Centre, not at the time of booking.
- Cheques or transfers should be made payable to 'Low Gillerthwaite Field Centre'.
We are now able to accept debit and credit card payments (on site only) from the following cards :
Mastercard, Visa, American Express, Maestro, V pay, Electron, JCB.
- The Association reserves the right to alter its fees.
- Full payment will be due if a cancellation is received within 3 calendar months of the date of booked arrival.
- Full payment is due and must be received 1 calendar month in advance of the arrival date.
- Exclusive use - you pay for all bednights used (minimum of 26), and we won't book anyone else in alongside you, unless as stated above.
- If you use the Centre facilities but choose to camp, the normal bednight rates will apply.
- In the event of a cancellation by you, a deposit will only be refunded at the discretion of the Committee.
- The Association is not liable for any 3rd party costs incurred due to cancellations by any party.
- Parties can arrive any time after 4pm on their day of arrival (or by arrangement with Warden).
- Parties are requested to depart the Centre by 10.30am on the day of departure (or by arrangement with Warden).
Low Gillerthwaite Field Centre, Ennerdale, Cleator
Cumbria, CA23 3AX
- Tel : 01946 861229
- Email : firstname.lastname@example.org
- Grid Ref : NY139141
- Latitude : 54.5148 (N)
Longitude : -3.3313 (W)