Links to places LGFC are pleased to endorse
See Activities page for more details.
We (or you) can arrange for qualified leaders to provide activities for your group, and the following are willing to provide leadership and/or instruction during your stay at LGFC :
- Dave or Matt at RV Projects - use LGFC as a base to help train and select young people to work on charitable projects on behalf of communities abroad.
- Dan Robinson of Real Adventure - Summer, Winter, Overground, Underground, Biking, and might even offer to do some catering!
- John and Sarah Platt of PLATTY+ - Canoeing, Kayaking, Sailing, Dragon boating and improvised Raft building.
- David Oglethorpe of Glaramara Outdoor Centre - Climbing, Abseiling, Biking, Canoeing, Kayaking, Orienteering, Ghyll scrambling.
- Chris Chilcott of Mobile Adventure - Ghyll scrambling, Gorge Walking, Rock Climbing, Mountain Scrambling, Kayaking, Canoeing, Via Ferrata.
- Gina McCabe at Whitehaven Harbour Youth Project - Climbing Wall, Sports Hall, Kayaking, Canoeing, Hill Walking & Mountaineering, Rock Climbing, Abseiling, Gill Scrambling. Also scope to provide Team Building/Ice Breaking sessions, Residentials, Sailing, Orienteering and more activities by arrangement.
- Dark Sky Discovery - homepage.
- International Dark Sky Association - homepage.
- STFC - The Science and Technology Facilities Council.
- The British Astronomical Association.
- Cockermouth Astronomical Society.
- Eddington Astronomical Society. Kendal, Cumbria.
- Liverpool Astronomical Society.
- The Ecologist - article about previous LGFC Dark Sky event.
- The Guardian - article about previous LGFC Dark Sky event.
- The Daily Mail - article mentioning LGFC as a Dark Sky location.
Dark Sky links
The Forestry Commission - the landowner.
If you like a hearty walk, try the Ennerdale Round - a pleasant 23-mile stroll with 8,200 feet of ascent.
Learn about the Black Pearls of Ennerdale - the unique fresh-water mussels said to live up to 120 years.
Low Gillerthwaite Field Centre, Ennerdale, Cleator
Cumbria, CA23 3AX
- Tel : 01946 861229
- Email : email@example.com
- Grid Ref : NY139141
- Latitude : 54.5148 (N)
Longitude : -3.3313 (W)