Visitors : Who visits LGFC
LGFC is an established and popular Centre in the Western Lake District. It is situated at the head of Ennerdale Water, two miles from the public highway along a private forestry road.
The Centre forms an ideal base for outdoor activities, field studies and exploration of Lakelandís remotest valleys and fells.
Many of our visitors have returned time and again, and they include:
- Primary and secondary school groups
- Student outdoor activity clubs
- Further and Higher Education institutions
- Youth clubs and Duke of Edinburgh award groups
- Church and religious groups
- Groups of friends and extended families
- Hillwalking, climbing and mountaineering clubs
- Mountain leader and Mountain first aid courses
- Cyclists, Fell Runners, Archaeologists, Geographers, Orienteers
- Coast to coast walkers on the famous Wainwright route which passes our door
- Individuals, LGFC Members and other mixed groups
- University field study groups
- Sixth form revision classes
- Amateur astronomers wanting to see a dark sky
- Assorted wildlife including Galloway cattle, Red Squirrels, Owls, Voles, Foxes, Roe Deer and Arctic Char
Low Gillerthwaite Field Centre, Ennerdale, Cleator
Cumbria, CA23 3AX
- Tel : 01946 861229
- Email : email@example.com
- Grid Ref : NY139141
- Latitude : 54.5148 (N)
Longitude : -3.3313 (W)
Yes, we do see Red Squirrels in Ennerdale and they visit LGFC!
For more information about 'Sciurus vulgaris', visit this Forestry Commission page.